New Barkie scales

Have had the material for probably 2 months, and I Finally got around to making the new acrylic scales for my Bark River Bravo Necker… Material is an acrylic/acrylester called Royal Harvest.












Ended up with some sanding marks/deep scratches left in the finish that I couldn’t see before the final buff/polish.. Not sure yet if I will go back and sand to a higher grit, finish it super smooth, or leave them… YOu sorta have to look for them, and a little grip they provide might be better than the usual glassy smooth grip you get with the acrylics. I’ll try it as is for a while and see how it goes.

Please Forgive the buffing compound residue left in it in the pics… WD40 is the only thing I’ve found that takes it off easily, but it was 1am at this point and I didn’t feel like walking all the way out to the other shop to get it.. 😉

Categories: Custom, knives, Modifications

Post navigation

One thought on “New Barkie scales

  1. AlaskaLinuxUser

    Wow! Nice!

Blog at

%d bloggers like this: