Got the new truck box mounted Saturday night.
Took me 4 new nickel plated steel house door hinges, since the piano style hinge in the box was aluminum, and had been twisted and broke. I removed the broke sections, but left the rest because it provided the right spacing and support for the back of the lid to fit right.
The hinges I took apart and reversed one plate so that they had a slight Z type offset, to match the offset of the lid to the back of the box.
A box of self drilling/tapping sheet metal screws later, plus a new hasp for a lock(since I didn’t get a key for the built in lock), and I have a fancy new box in my truck. Even screwed the sucker down from the inside so it can’t walk off 😉 (also nice so it can’t slide… the one I used to have used to slide back 4 or 5 feet under hard acceleration)