So, a little while back I bought a 1′ section of 5/8” brass rod for turning some things. Finally got around to doing it.
The tool used; 😀
In progress, just as I cut it from the bar;
Some tool chatter at one point gave me a Perfect coin edge knurling to one ring…
So, I then had a big shiny bead. But the tail stock chuck had been loose, so the end mill wandered, and I had a 3/8” hole instead of the 1/4” I had intended… It slid right over the knots I had in my paracord fobs… So, I trimmed the hole slightly, cut down a 9mm shell, drilled out its primer pocket, and pressed it in.
Tied cord, passed it through, and tied on the outside to hold its place.
Then I did the same process on the other end of the bead, with a bit of a recess around the 9mm, and left the primer in place, to fully plug the end.
They are REALLY pressed in there, replacing the cord at any time its needed will be a real P!TA! 😉